Old July 8th 03, 09:51 PM
toto

Default Vending Machines in schools

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:03:18 -0400, Rosalie B.
wrote:

For the younger kids who cannot go off-campus, it will work, for
high school students. I doubt it unless we keep them from going
anywhere else and I am not in favor of closing campuses and
making teens prisoners for the entire school day as is done in
some places.

I think you might rethink that if you realized that in many cases for
the kids to go off campus, they will have to get into a car and drive.
I think that having teens drive to and from school just so they can go
off campus is a bad idea and unsafe in the bargain. It's all very
well to have an open campus if there's somewhere close and safe to go
to. That isn't true in a lot of cases.

Well, as I said it works on any closed campus. I just am glad that we
lived where kids could walk off campus for many things.

The grocery store was right across the street. Also my kids at least
brown bagged lunch and could have brought what they wanted from
home (and yes, they might have brought soda or junk food).

--
Dorothy

Outer Limits