Old August 29th 03, 06:24 PM
Elaine

Default Midwife choices

In article , Elfanie wrote:
On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:52:04 +0000 (UTC), Elaine
wrote:

At 6 weeks....not having sex would be the only recommendation. Bed
rest for a 6 week pregnancy wouldn't do anything...because it's not
from pressure on the cervix that things would happen...
And drinking water wouldn't do much at 6 weeks, either....that's more
if you're having a lot of contractions.

Okay, this is really useful information. I have the problem
that I expect medical professionals to know more than I do,
but I've become accustomed to them being incompetent. So I
end up with this bizzare trust/mistrust thing going on. I
wasn't sure if she was brushing me off or telling me honestly
that there wasn't anything at all to do.

If you feel it's a bad match...then it is. The rest of it doesn't
matter.
If you feel like it's wrong..then it is.

I don't know if it's a bad match or not. I suspect that it is
actually a fine match, and that I'm being irrational. I know
that for most of yesterday I was very irrational. I got an
email from someone telling me that her bedside manner wasn't
very good, and I think it just sent me into a tailspin.

I think that I just need to try to ask her for the information
I want, instead of being annoyed that she didn't offer it
unasked.

Elaine