Old March 25th 04, 01:12 PM
Daniel

Default Update: Problems with 14yr old sister...

Yeah, sounds like she has issues. Mental issues could be at play here.
Regardless, she isn't helping the situation.

Thats more what we expected...her own problems to be causing my sister (&
myself) problems.

When you call and make an appointment for your sister, they will have you
come in also. The counselor will probably talk to you first, alone. Then
sister will be brought in. What the 2 talk about is confidential and

unless
something is happening that could or is harming sister, you won't be told
what she says. The counselor SHOULD keep you updated though on progress

and
the over all feel of the sessions. The counselor may have sessions that
include both of you, maybe even other family members at times. If sister
isn't comfortable with the first person you see, try others. It would be
better to have some sort of referral, someone with a good reputation.

OK...thats what I was hoping for. I want to be able to talk to them first
to let them know about her background & whats going on now so they'll be
able to figure out where to work without having to wait for her to say
things herself (they'll know what sort of questions to ask to get her to
talk about a specific thing rather than having to wait for her to talk about
it on her own & hope she's giving all the info). So when you say that they
will only inform me of details of something if it could or is harming her,
you're meaning (obviously if something is currently happening that I need to
be made aware of) if she is planning on doing something such as running away
& gives them the details of it then I'll be told? Although I did see a
councelor myself for 8 yrs, I can't say for sure how one would normally
opperate. I quickly learned that anything I said (about how I felt or how I
was being treated at home or anything like that) could come back to haunt me
later. Like I said, even if I'm told something I'll only use the
information if needed & will either try to find a way to have gotten the
knowledge elsewhere (so she doesn't quit telling them the trueth) or just
happen to plan something against it (if she is planning on doing something
at a specific time, I could have a last minute change of plans that requires
her to be somewhere else at that time). This is exactly how I use the chat
logs.