Old December 22nd 03, 07:42 PM
zeldabee

Default sleeping, night nursing, pumping, daycare (long)

She's A Goddess was all, like:
"zeldabee" wrote in message
. ..

I'm pumping for him for daycare, and am able to keep up with him, but
without a lot to spare. I get maybe an ounce or two more than he eats
most days. I do 4 pumping sessions a day: one when I wake up at
5:30am (usually 4oz), one at work at about 8:30am (maybe 2oz--I
nurse him just before I leave him) before starting work, then at
about 1:00pm on my lunch hour (5.5-6oz), then again just before I
leave at 5:00pm (3-4oz).

I can see how this would run you ragged. If I were you, I think I'd
cut out the 8:30 a.m. pump in favor of something around 10:00 a.m.,
then do 1:00 p.m. and 3:30 or 4:00 p.m.

A schedule like that would have me leaving work around 7:00pm. My current
schedule is set up precisely to avoid haing to make up time. It takes around
40 minutes to pump, including taking the elevator to a different floor,
finding the key (same person doesn't always have it), pumping, cleaning up.
The only time I use in the middle of the day is my lunch hour, now. 15
minutes to go get my lunch, then eat while I pump. That's when it doesn't
take 20+minutes to access the pumping space, as it did today. (

If this didn't cut it after
two or three days you could revert back but having to pump as soon as
you get to work and right before you leave has got to be adding to
the stress.

The one right before I leave is a problem that way, and I can't drop it, but
the one right before I start could possibly be dropped if the baby
cooperates. If I nurse him both sides when I drop him off instead of just
one side...*and* if he doesn't fall asleep at the breast, as he often does.
The trouble is, of course, that he's been nursing all night and isn't very
hungry. (But if I don't nurse him when I drop him off, he'll need an extra
feeding...)

Have you tried pumping while still getting something
done? That really did help me when I pumped at work - before I knew
it the bottle was full. Good luck!

I can't get work done, if that's what you mean. I can read or play on my
handheld computer, which does make the time pass quicker, but makes no
difference in output.

I am seriously considering trying to pump (for shorter periods more
frequently) in a bathroom stall on my floor, with a manual pump. Not
especially hygenic unless I don't sit down and don't touch anything in the
stall.

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m
http://NewsReader.Com/