Old December 23rd 03, 09:11 PM
She's A Goddess

Default sleeping, night nursing, pumping, daycare (long)

"zeldabee" wrote in message
She's A Goddess was all, like:

I can see how this would run you ragged. If I were you, I think I'd
cut out the 8:30 a.m. pump in favor of something around 10:00 a.m.,
then do 1:00 p.m. and 3:30 or 4:00 p.m.

A schedule like that would have me leaving work around 7:00pm. My current
schedule is set up precisely to avoid haing to make up time. It takes

around
40 minutes to pump, including taking the elevator to a different floor,
finding the key (same person doesn't always have it), pumping, cleaning

up.
The only time I use in the middle of the day is my lunch hour, now. 15
minutes to go get my lunch, then eat while I pump. That's when it doesn't
take 20+minutes to access the pumping space, as it did today. (

Sorry if my suggestion seemed insensitive. I guess what I had that was
different was a totally flexible workplace (and a conference room to pump in
ten feet from my desk). I just shortened my lunch to pump at the off times.

The one right before I leave is a problem that way, and I can't drop it,

but
the one right before I start could possibly be dropped if the baby
cooperates. If I nurse him both sides when I drop him off instead of just
one side...*and* if he doesn't fall asleep at the breast, as he often

does.
The trouble is, of course, that he's been nursing all night and isn't very
hungry. (But if I don't nurse him when I drop him off, he'll need an extra
feeding...)

How much time does dropping him off and picking him up eat out of your day?
Is it possible that dad can do those trips to help you feel less harried?

I can't get work done, if that's what you mean. I can read or play on my
handheld computer, which does make the time pass quicker, but makes no
difference in output.

Sorry to hear that, it can be a nice side benefit.

I am seriously considering trying to pump (for shorter periods more
frequently) in a bathroom stall on my floor, with a manual pump. Not
especially hygenic unless I don't sit down and don't touch anything in the
stall.

I don't know that this will help with output, but if you think its worth a
try I'd say go for the antibacterial handstuff and give it a try.

--
Rhiannon
Mom to M. Girl (27 months) and O. Boy (5 1/2 months)