Old November 14th 03, 05:06 AM
chiam margalit

Default And ANOTHER school calendar change

"JennP" wrote in message news:ZTNsb.140856$9E1.712127@attbi_s52...
"chiam margalit" wrote in message
om...
We get email today from the principal notifying us that Dec 1, the
monday after T'giving, is now a school day whilst before it was a day
off.

I give up. I'll just send the kids to school when I feel like it, and
the heck with the calendar.

Seriously?? No district I've ever taught in has made school calendar changes
once the calendar is voted on A YEAR IN ADVANCE at the board meeting.

The only changes made mid-year that I've heard of are due to excessive
amounts of snow days. Usually they will change the last day of school and
sometimes (very rarely) change a vacation.

What is their reasoning?

Well, their reasoning and my reasoning are two very different things.
THEY say that the calendar wasn't finalized until the teacher contract
was finalized, which was done about 2 weeks ago, and then there were
some 'minor' adjustments. I say that they're clueless gits who just
don't understand that people make plans based on the calendar given
out day 1. Either way, the changes this year are totally new, having
never happened like this before. And hopefully never again.

That's crazy and unfair. Just curious, is this a public or private school?

Public.