Old December 7th 04, 12:48 PM
Welches

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
(ted) wrote:

How do you deal with it if among the siblings one is naughty and the
other is nice? Just curious.

I would avoid making simplistic distinctions. It's unlikely one kid is
significantly more naughty than the other -- it's probably your
perception.
Or one is at an age where they are better at pushing your buttons.

I would disagree with this. Kids are different and it is certainly possible
that one is naughtier than another. For example if I said "no" to #1 as she
picked up something then she would put it down and not usually go back to
it. At the same age #2 will not only not put it down, but will move
cushions, chairs, whatever it takes to climb up to the high place where I've
put. And yes she does hear me (she shakes her head if I say "no") and
understands (often puts it behind her back, or will pull me over to
somewhere else before trying to get it back).
At her age (13 months) I wouldn't say that was naughty. But if that was true
at 4 years it would be disobedience if nothing else. (Actually I call it
determination, and I think it's rather cute:-) )
Some children are more inclined to push the limits than others.

Personally, I would try to stop myself from thinking this way -- it leads
favouritism.

I would agree with this, and I'd certainly try to avoid labelling them even
to myself.
Debbie