Old April 1st 04, 05:21 AM
Irene

Default So confused! Oversupply, or what?

(pologirl) wrote in message . com...
The problem is, DS almost never lets go, and sometimes when I force him
off I find the nipple is essentially dry despite being in his mouth,
and the milk is all gone from the breast.

You've gotten excellent advice - juxt one more thing. When you try to
release the latch, are you using a finger to release the suction
first? If not, that will help your comfort level.

Also, babies will often "comfort nurse" when not actively swallowing.
That isn't necessarly a bad thing! (Though I know the permalatch
thing it gets old pretty quickly.)

Irene