Old April 3rd 04, 07:13 AM
pologirl

Default So confused! Oversupply, or what?

(pologirl) wrote:
The problem is, DS almost never lets go [...]

After the initial latching on, the pain has gotten better. And DS has
started to let go when the breast is "empty". My LC gave me sample
hydrogel pads (Smoothies), which feel very nice, but my leaking is too
much for them! Which brings me to today's problem.

I leak almost constantly, and now my letdown is so strong that it can
squirt in a continuous stream when I open my clothing. DS has today
learned the habit of "noshing"; he slurps up the easy letdown milk
and has not latched on *at all*. Once my flow slows to the point of
requiring work from him, he comes off the breast and cries! He will
not latch on. Diaper output today has been *way* down and now it is
late at night and he is hungry and crying, and all of us are growing
exhausted.

How do I fix this?

Pologirl