Old November 5th 07, 06:17 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
betsey@delete_nospamnelgin.nu

Default Gas in BF baby

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 09:20:59 -0700, Chris
wrote:

If he has the yeast-type rash on his bottom, then he probably needs a
medication, such as Oxystat for the bottom and/or nystatin that you
wipe in the mouth (very little goes down), and not just treat the
external symptoms. He could be crying due to urine hitting that type
of a rash - it burns. A bacterial imbalance in the digestive tract can
cause excessive gas. What is GSE? When the rash appears on the bottom
after a bout of thrush, that means it has worked its way through the
digestive system - not just in the mouth and not just on the bottom.

GSE - Grapefruit Seed Extract, see
www.drjaygordon.com/development/bf/thrush.asp

And we were treating systemically with acidopholus.

At the beginning, I thought the gas was due to thrush. But at the wbv,
the ped said she saw no sign of thrush, and my nipples had been
feeling better. The slightly sore nipples could have been due to him
pulling off - I never was quite sure of the self-diagnosis, and I
think we either got rid of it or never had it.

Thanks,

Betsey