Old January 2nd 04, 08:35 PM
Coccinella

Default Losing weight again, argh!

"Jill" wrote in message
r.com...

"Carol Ann" wrote
We only have a few months left. I'm beginning to get scared.

I feel like a deer in headlites. I'm actually so overwhelmed with what
needs to be done that I don't do anything!

snip

My baby shower is planned for February 8th (I think).

I have 4 months and some days left, and I am scared-- it's not what we

have
to do to get ready, as in what items to acquire and what things to
fix...it's knowing that someone is coming into this world and I am totally
responsible for their well-being and every need. That is overwhelming but

look forward to it, I think I will do very well, but it is still
frightening.

I totally understand how you feel, Jill. I was the same 1-2 months ago. Now,
like I said to Carol Ann I am blissfully dumb. I have never been better.
Everything seems to fall in place. I can only assume it's the hormones,
since I am usually a freak even on medication!

I was wondering about a baby shower, such as when is the best time for one
to be held. I'm getting 2...one will be local, given by my former

coworkers
where I used to work. The other is being given by my sister-in-law and
husband's side of the family, and it is out of town....she was talking

about
having it in early April. I am due May 17. I worry about her planning
something and then me not being able to travel? I will probably

technically
be able to, but worry if I will feel up to it...

That is so nice! Two showers. I am sure you'll have a great time. About
travelling to your SIL is it far? I am in my 7th month now and I still feel
great. Actually the car-seat is one of the most confortable places for my
back. I wouldn't have it later than the 1st week of April, though.

I am thrilled they are
giving me a shower, my own family is not giving me one. (My mom wants to
give one for me for her firends to attend, but no one in my family will
attend- my aunts, uncles, cousins, etc are not speaking to my mom or dad

as
they have had a falling out...no one will come to anything she plans, and
she doesn't even want to invite the family anyway. I am requesting that

she
not give me a shower because I don't feel comfortable going to one with

only
her friends at it, I don't really know them...)

Nobody on my side of the family even knows I am pg (and I am an only
child!). I totally given up on it. I understand prefectly why you wouldn't
feel comfortable at the baby shower given by your mother. It would be more
for her than for you. My in-laws cannot give a shower for me because they
live in Ireland, France and Germany, but, as we say in Italian, they can
hardly be in their skin! They are so excited because this is their first
grandchild. They have already gone beserk. For Christmas they sent us a
digital camcorder (and this was because we told them we didn't want any
presents, but they could buy toys or clothes or whatever they wanted for the
little girl!). Then we found out today that they wanted to give us the
stroller, but we bought it ourselves. So they thought of the crib and we
just told them that we are going to buy it this week-end in IKEA (I love
that place and the sale is on!).
I think my in-laws compensate for all my parents are unable to give. They
even asked us today if it would be OK for us if they came here to the States
for Easter to see the little girl. And they also proposed to go to a hotel
or a B&B. Plus all the extended family of DH (big Irish family with 13
uncles/ants) and good dear friends of my in-laws are getting presents for
us. Coming from a very small family, all this is fantastic for me.

Even if it's a bit of a strange situation, remembering your posts about your
mam I agree with you that it is for the best. Anyway she'll have plenty of
time and things to do for her grand-daughter that she won't even realize how
quickly 4 months can fly by. It's the one thing I noticed with my pg. In the
beginning I felt that time was standing still. Now it's flying by. And it is
the same for all the people around us waiting for our little girl.

I hope that your cold has gone and that you start again your weight gain!

Love

--
Nicky

EDD March 26, '04. It's a girl!