Old October 23rd 05, 09:31 PM
Sue

Default playdates for 4yo

How do you make sure that the parents stay home during the party? Call
them later in the evening? Or ask them when you meet them and take their
word on it?

Banty

With the Halloween party she went to, the mom was there when I dropped her
off and she was there when I picked her up. With this particular child, she
has not given me any reason yet to distrust her. So I am going to unless
there is a problem. As for the sleepover, the invitation said it was given
by the parents, they were there when I dropped her off. I did question her
when she got home because of this post, but I cannot imagine a parent would
throw a sleepover for 12 kids and then not be there. It might happen, but
not at this point.
Parents are such an integral part of the kids lives right now, that I can't
imagine any of them at this age trying to give a party without the parents
permission.

--
Sue (mom to three girls)