Old February 14th 06, 08:10 PM posted to alt.child-support

Default VIRGINIA: Virginia State Bar DISMISSES Complaint Against Virginia's DCSE

Here's an email I just received:

Dear Mr. Briggman,

This is in response to your inquiry to Ms. Townsend. The UPL Committee
voted unanimously to dismiss the UPL complaints you filed against
several DCSE employees. The Committee determined that the employees'
acts of completing, signing and filing the petitions or motions did
constitute the practice of law, however, the Committee concluded that
Virginia Code Section 16.1-260 (A) authorizes the activity which is the
subject of your complaints and therefore such activity is the
authorized practice of law by such employees.

You will receive a letter to this effect in the very near future.

The State Bar failed to consider an AG's Opinion of 1983 which states
that non-attorney employees of DCSE may sign and file pleadings which
do not make legal conclusions...filing a motion for rule to show cause
specifically does draw a legal conclusion, that being, that the NCP is
in contempt because they failed to obey a court order.

I guess I'll continue with the Petition for Writ of Quo Warranto.

Quite a stacked deck we have in Virginia where even the State Bar will
allow non-attorney employees of DCSE to actually engage in the practice
of law.