Old September 6th 05, 10:55 PM
Lesley

We don't have a real plan, mostly case by case planning. Our
emergencies tend to run to power outages, the longest so far being 3
days at the time of Hurricane Fran. Not bad considering lots of people
were out the better part of two weeks with that one! Our winter weather
runs to ice storms with ensuing power outages; since we're on a well, no
electricity means no water. We've considered getting a generator, but
haven't made that leap yet. I just don't forsee this area have a kind
of natural disaster that would wipe out infrastructure and make
stockpiling food and water a good idea.

We do have iodine tablets in case of a real emergency at the nearby nuke
plant.

Lesley