Old October 1st 05, 03:17 AM
Robyn Kozierok

In article ,
Scott wrote:

dkhedmo wrote:
Speaking of pizza, my son had a lot of fun one night last week making
pizza. There were some nice pitas on sale at the grocery store, so I
picked up a couple packets, one whole wheat, on pesto flavored, and laid
out a buffet of toppings and we each made our own little pizza. My 5 yo
loves broccoli on pizza, he also put olives, tofu, cheese, sauce. You
can make your own sauce - steam or saute a bunch of vegetables, tofu if
you're worried about protein, blend it all up and put it in sauce on
pizza, over pasta, in lasagne, they'll never know!

That last sentence really rubs me the wrong way -- if you
are tricking your children into eating vegetables, then IMO
you've already lost a battle. They've learned, from you,
that vegetables are a thing you have to be tricked into
eating; otherwise, they're no good. I don't think that's
a healthy viewpoint.

Only if they *know* you are "sneaking" veggies into the sauce. ;-)

If your child isn't eating vegetables, I wouldn't sweat
it. Things will change. Find something he or she
does like and give that to them.

Why not do that and *also* add a variety of other veggies into
places like pasta sauces where they don't know they are eating them,
but are getting the extra benefits of doing so. o

--Robyn
..