Old February 21st 06, 12:30 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default The Question, again

On 20 Feb 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
On 19 Feb 2006, 0:- wrote:

The topic - particularly the question of when physical punishment
becomes abuse - lay at the heart of a Hamilton County Municipal Court
case in Cincinnati that involved former City Councilman Sam Malone.

He was found not guilty of domestic violence on Friday. He had been
accused of beating his 14-year-old son with a belt for disrespecting a
teacher.

The teenager suffered welts on his arms, legs, chest and buttocks.

So did he crossed "the line", ignoranus kane0? ;-)

So do you think he did?

It doesn't matter what I think, it is what the judge thinks that matter.
So what did the judge think?

Once upon a time you made the argument, when CPS followed a judges
orders (as they are required to do, by law), that "just following
orders" is not a defense for immoral acts by people in authority.

Do you believe the court was correct in aquiting someone that left
welts on a child's arms, legs, chest and buttocks using a belt?

I don't have all the fact of the case. If you have access to the
transcript of the case, I will be glad to look at it.

Where is your line, Doan?

It's where "reasonable" people say it is?

Doan