Old May 11th 07, 08:32 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Default Defense against Child Support Non-payment claims

Collection of CS payments can only accumulate from the time the mother files
a case.

As far as I know the ex never filed a complaint.

If she only filed in 2001, that's all she gets as the rest is not
retroactive.

What does the court order say to pay?

Right now there is no court order. He received a letter from Child
Support, apparently the ex never reported receiving the payments, and
Child Support is saying he has to pay about $50,000. (the amount she
never reported plus interest). right now, he is trying to resolve
this mess. As far as I know the ex never filed a complaint.

Does the ex have to file a complaint in order for them to garnish his
wages or take him to court?