Old November 10th 07, 11:11 PM posted to misc.kids
Sarah Vaughan

Default IQ and what it means in adulthood

Anne Rogers wrote:

Sarah - I think you'd struggle to find data that gave a strong
correlation, I suspect there is a weak one, similar to what you get for
number of years education completed against income, but I do question
whether any of the measurements of success have any real value.

Not struggling to find anything - just genuinely interested in what the
evidence actually does show (or whether such evidence exists!)

After writing the OP, I thought of checking Wikipedia, which actually
has a useful summary of what I was after - apparently IQ correlates
highly with job performance, moderately with income, and not at all with
subjective self-reports of happiness. So there we have it. ;-)

All the best,

Sarah
--
http://www.goodenoughmummy.typepad.com

"That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be" - P. C. Hodgell