Old June 3rd 07, 09:19 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Default No Such Thing as "Cycle of Abuse." ...

Article
* An insular we-know-best culture.

Kane wrote
Opinion. And rephrasing a trait we WANT in professionals.

Would you want your doctor to take advice on HOW to treat a patient
based on the lab tech, the x ray tech, the building janitor service,
the insurance company (now there's a prime example of major 'f'ed
up') haranging the doctor claiming THEY, not her, KNOW BEST, and each
has a different "cure" for the patient.

You are idolizing ignorant CASEWORKERS as
""professionals"" and you thought comparing their
arrogance to "God Complex" in DOCTORS?

* Caseworkers who lack compassion, professionalism and respect for
families. (One DHS client interviewed by the panel said she felt more
"disrespect by DHS workers than by thugs on the street.")

Oh, wonderful.

Now the "patient" is going to rate the doctor that has a troublesome
patient that will not follow her recommendations and orders.
MMMmhhhh....

And they found ONE? R R R R RR R R R

Does your hyperactivity medicine calm your "pirate" tic?

Hell, I could find hundreds in a single community.

That does not mean what they say is automatically TRUE.

Well the PANEL thought so.

* Unresponsive DHS workers who fail to return repeated phone calls.

Yeah, like they only have one a day to respond to, and nothing else to
do but sit around drinking tea and filing their nails.

Staff shortages.

In fact, being terse and short with people tends to be common among
workers from every profession and industry and business and agency
where the person is overloaded and has little hope they will ever
catch up.

Lots of people work at fast paced jobs.
Acting like an ass is not justified by that.

You **** asses sit on your butt, doing much of nothing but
"sabbatical," Greg, and criticize people doing one of the toughest
jobs there are.

Was I criticizing or was the PANEL of TWELVE??
Are you cussing about the PANEL?
Please be clear on that.

Kane wrote
YOU EVEN DEFEND THE PARENTS WHO INJURE AND KILL THESE SAME WORKERS.

Was this lie one you decided was moral or ethical?

Removing kids from their family is OF COURSE a dangerous undertaking.

How much outrage do you think an innocent parent should feel
when a caseworker removes a child using horrible LIES or exaggeration?
Understanding WHY and HOW parents feel backed into a corner
is CONSIDERABLY different from condoning violence.

You people aren't even as good as [s]. At least I can grow nice roses
with manure.

With social graces like this, no wonder you're so paranoid!
You've worked quite hard to create hatred for yourself.
Perhaps like another Don, you tilt at windmills and
see yourself as a hero by doing this?

* A "random" approach to decision-making.
This one always begs for MORE FUNDING!

From outside looking in, a worker that has far more to do in a day, an
repeatedly has brushfires to fight (those OTHER phone calls they do
respond to, and the required trips to "the field" as they happily
label them,) can look very much like they are going at it "random,"
but in fact they are NOT working on one case at a time, and completing
it before they take on the next.

They are doing this piece on case A, then spending a few hours,
sometimes only minutes, entering the notes on case B, then answering a
call from the court (they DO tend to answer those before a client
call, but then wouldn't you?), then going to a two hour meeting for a
family strength needs based service plan committee with five people
all of whom will tell THEM how to manage the case THEY WILL GET BURNED
FOR IF THEY MAKE MAJOR MISTAKES.

Um, Kane, lots of people have jobs that involve
doing many things at the same time, time management
and switching between tasks.
Some much MORE than what caseworkers actually do.

But what did I tell you here about this?
Are you bitching about what the PANEL wrote?

I want you to read this next paragraph out loud, see if you can get
the gist of it, then compare it to what Wexler asks for.

Hint: he wants to move money from CHILD SAFETY, to family support
services. Enforcement to social work.

Would that BOTH COULD BE PROPERLY FUNDED AT ADEQUATE LEVELS, just as
pilot programs have shown WORK.

The main problem, panelists found, was the agency has strayed from its
core mission of child safety. It has gotten bogged down helping
families who lack food and shelter - problems that should be handled
by other city agencies. Families end up in the DHS system simply
because they are poor, panelists said.

Oh, and you DON'T, Greg, remember what I've been harping about for the
past week (and years, in fact) about NOT throwing everything in the
book at CPS and using and funding the proper agencies to meet the
needs of the families?

You are awfully silent on this one, aren't you?

Hardly! New incentive program! Work or be fired!
Remember the caseworker who was SO BUSY
she held a job as a school teacher while she
was on the clock as a caseworker?
The PANEL probably found some more of those people.

To keep kids safe, the panel urged DHS workers to check up on children
every month, rather than every six months as currently mandated. *

THAT, Greg, should demonstrate to you just how on top of reality this
report is. .... IT IS ALREADY FEDERAL MANDATE THAT THE CHECKUPS COME
MONTHLY.

HAS BEEN FOR A CONSIDERABLE TIME NOW.

The PANEL found out it hasn't been taking place monthly.

In other words, stupid, you have nothing cogent to say. You simply
want the easy path, blame CPS for everything and even when different
critics have opposing views, support both because they criticize CPS.
Nice going.

You are useless. I hope you don't vote.

I LOVE that you blame me for what the PANEL found!
The whole PANEL who wrote the report is OUT TO GET YOU!