Old January 9th 04, 10:59 AM
KC

Default biting - what do you do?

Jessi just bit me a few times the other night. Every time I made a
shocked sucking in air noise and an ouch too. I at least at some
point also said no biting. It's kind of fuzzy since it was the middle
of the night. Our nursing is usually quite calm, gentle and quiet.
We only nurse in bed with the lights dim and a fan on for white noise,
so my noises during nursing shocked her alot and she cried and stopped
nursing. She went back to sleep with me rubbing her back instead of
her nursing, which never happens usually.

The next morning she again bit me and I again made all the noises
listed above and this time I took the booby away. The next time we
nursed I told her no biting right before we started, and then she
hesitated several times while trying to latch on like she was afraid
to latch on. I think she didn't quite know what she had done wrong
before and was afraid to mess it up again. Then with my hand I
expressed a little milk onto my nipple, so when put her mouth to my
nipple again it tasted like milk and she did greedily latch on and has
not bit again since then.

I expect her to bite again someday though because babies have short
memories.

KC

(teapot) wrote in message . com...
well the Moo has 2 little white teeth poking through his bottom gum,
they are not all out yet but its imminent!

I thought it would be wise to ask for tips in case he turns out to be
a biter. He's been doing this pull off thing for the last week or so
and he gets 3 chances to settle before the boob gets put away as it
hurts. Should I use the same strategy for biting? I'm not sure its
working for the pulling off. What I mean by pulling off is when they
have a firm grip on th nipple but wrench their heads away fast - ouch.

teapot and the moo boy 7 mths today