Old June 26th 03, 07:50 PM
Paul Fritz

Default Braces Trauma

Well you just trumped my palate spreader as well :-)

"turtledove" wrote in message
. com...

wrote in message
. com...
In . com,
turtledove typed:
"Joelle" wrote in message

Headgear? Try the elastic bands. I had not only an overbite, but a

cross
bite as well. I had two rubber bands from back molars to front teeth on
each side, and then two from lower left to upper right...in front. Made

it
hard to talk. Every time I opened my mouth to speak inevitably one

would
come flying off. Talk about EMBARRASSMENT when it was in front of a

BOY!!
Glad that it's over. And YES it was worth it!!!

hehe...I'll top your elastic bands and give you Head Gear AND Elastic

Bands.
The elastic bands were worn 24/7 for 12 months. The head gear was worn 12
hours a day for 12 months. But hell, like I said, it got rid of the
overbite, the funked up positioning of my jaw, and my crooked teeth. I
actually had a permanent retainer on my bottom teeth until I was 21. My
bottom teeth were really crooked and the orthodontist wanted to make sure
that they didn't move back into the crooked position while I was still
growing up. The retainer was attached to my bottom canine teeth with a

bar
that was behind the teeth and a way to attach rubber bands in front of the
teeth at night (again the 12 hour deal).

Oh yes...the memories of trying to talk with rubber bands. I would have

take them out while I was taking singing lessons due to the fact I

couldn't
open my mouth wide enough to sing properly....
and the memories of trying to get the band attached to the back teeth...

ugh...my teeth hurt now!

hugs,
*b