Old October 13th 06, 01:24 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated
Louise

Default Trick or Treating Part2

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:25:46 EDT, Banty
wrote:

In article , Rosalie B. says...

"beachpeach" wrote:

Rosalie B. wrote:

I'm thinking of this from a different perspective.

He may want to go. His little girl is growing up after all and this
is possibly the last time for him to do this. If he does, then let

him go with her, or at least wander along behind if she objects.

Oh my gosh; did I ever give the wrong impression! I want him to go. I
don't want her to go without him or atleast another adult! It's not

I realized that you wanted him to go with her. I was basically asking
you whether he might ALSO want to go with her. That was what I meant
by looking at it from a different perspective. His perspective rather
than yours or hers.

As long as there's someone at home for the trick or treaters?

With our little mom-kid family, we always had to figure out a way to get the
trick or treating done but still have me there to hold down the house, so to
speak.

So what have you done?

When one of our neighbours became a single mum, we realized that
collaborative solutions were going to be useful, and then we
discovered that it was actually more fun to supervise a crowd of kids
who liked each other, rather than just ours. We also discovered that,
in our comfort levels, the age for staying home alone handing out
candy was actually higher than the age for trick-or-treating with
peers.

Louise