Old March 26th 04, 09:38 PM
Leigh McCuen

Default No weight gain in 9 mos old

Dagny wrote:

"Leigh McCuen" wrote in message

At her 6 mos apptmnt, my daughter weighed in at 18lbs, 2oz. At her 9 mos
apptmnt, she weighed in at 18lbs, 3 oz.

How about height change? Head? If she's growing in these ways normally, I'm
not sure I understand why weight would be an issue.

6 mos
height: 27.25 inches
head: 42.75 cm

9 mos
height: 28.5 inches
head: 44 cm

She's still growing fine for head & height, dropping in her curve a
little but being perfectly reasonable. The ped. said weight can be a red
flag. If the weight stops going up, they need to make sure it's ok
because otherwise height and head can be next.

I got the impression that it was abnormal for there to be no weight
gain. A slower weight gain was normal, but no weight gain was cause for
concern. Is my ped. perhaps over reacting?

Leigh