Old March 26th 04, 09:41 PM
Leigh McCuen

Default No weight gain in 9 mos old

HollyLewis wrote:

But anyway, it doesn't sound to *me* as if there's anything at all wrong, nor
that there is any reason in the world to give her formula. (She certainly
isn't likely to accept the formula in *addition* to what she consumes now, and
it would be beyond stupid to *replace* any of the breastmilk she's taking with
and equivalent amount of formula.)

That's my fear, that the formula would be a replacement. Because it's
not like we're ever *not* feeding her something when she's hungry.

At least for purposes of your weight check in a couple weeks, you could focus
on feeding her more calorie-dense and/or higher-fat foods for a while. If
she's been getting a lot of, say, applesauce and Cheerios, try offering more
avocado, full-fat yogurt, and muffins.

Thank you for these suggestions! Today she got full-fat yogurt with her
squash instead of pear-sauce. Muffins? She would probably love a muffin.
I'll have to bake some. Our local grocery store hasn't had an avocado in
it yet. I need to go further afield.

Thanks again, these are good suggestions.

Leigh