Old March 26th 04, 10:31 PM
Laura Faussone

Default No weight gain in 9 mos old

Naomi Pardue wrote:

I'm not quite clear what the benefit of supplemtning would be. If she's
drinking only 4 ounces of EBM at a time, why would it help matters to be giving
her formula instead? You'll just fill her up with formula insead of the more
valuable breastmilk. And presumably if you are able to pump for the bottles,
you still have ample milk, so his belief that your supply is failing sounds
pretty bogus to me. (And if the bottles contain formula [not real clear on
that], how would a sippy cup make any difference?)

I'm not sure what Leigh's dr was recommending, but our pediatrician was
recommending a high-calorie prescription formula as a supplement which is 30
calories/oz, as opposed to breastmilk or regular formula which is 20 calories/oz.

Laura