Old March 27th 04, 12:37 AM
She's A Goddess

Default No weight gain in 9 mos old

"Laura Faussone" wrote in message

I'm not sure what Leigh's dr was recommending, but our pediatrician was
recommending a high-calorie prescription formula as a supplement which is

30
calories/oz, as opposed to breastmilk or regular formula which is 20

calories/oz.

So, do you give them six ounces once a day for a total of 60 extra calories?
Or are you supposed to switch this in place of all breastmilk? I can't see
the former making any more difference than giving an extra snack or nursing
session. A complete switch OTOH might make a difference, but its certainly
got its costs which will be financial, emotional and physical.

--
Rhiannon
Mom to M. Girl (2 1/2 years) and O. Boy (9 months)