Old January 23rd 04, 10:04 AM
Clisby

Default Baby care items- wipes, diapers, wash questions etc!

Jill wrote:
I am trying to get a list together of items I want to have on hand as
starters and items that are well-liked to try. I know it;s different for all
but I do hear a lot of the same opinions about good products etc. The same
brands keep coming up in praise etc....I would like any suggestion or rec's.
I am going to ask about formla so those who is can tell me what works well
for their baby so I will know, I hope to end up breastfeeding though....I
know I won't use cloth diapers I will need disposables...

1. Best Baby wash?

Ivory soap - I didn't bother with baby wash.

2. Best baby wipes? (no desire to make my own, need brand recs)

Store brand.

3. best disposable diapers?

Kroger store brand. I haven't tried Luvs or Pampers - but I like the
Kroger brand better than Huggies.

4. Good formula brand and type?

Whatever agrees with your baby. I've used both Similac and Enfamil with
no problem, and I'm pretty sure there are generic versions of both.

5. Best diaper rash cream?

Anything with ??% zinc oxide (look at a name brand like Desitin and get
something comparable.)

6. Best bottles, brand and type?

Do you mean nipples? I don't see much difference in bottles, except for
the Avent ones. I used the Gerber Nuk nipples with any old bottle they
would fit.

7. Best baby lotion?

House brand.

8. Is there anything you MUST have, or NEVER use (baby powder, baby oil,
etc?

I never used baby shampoo, and almost never used baby powder (well, I
used it me, but not on the baby.) Petroleum jelly is good to have on
hand.

9. Other good babycare products to have?

10. WHat should I have on hand for when I bring the baby home, and what do I
need to have in a diaper bag before leaving the house?

At home: diapers, a place for the baby to sleep, and you, to nurse the
baby. Bottles, formula and nipples if you don't. The rest is optional.

I didn't really need anything in a diaper bag - the hospital provided
everything.

Clisby