Old January 29th 07, 07:54 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Default Biparietal Diameter / 20 week scan

Did they give you any indication of what this might mean? Did they tell you
the numbers, or did you just read them from the u/s report? Did they tell
you what the normal scale was? For example, if the normal scale was 40mm,
then I wouldn't be so worried about a measurement of 39mm. But, if the
normal measurement was closer to 60-100mm or something, then that would seem
more worrisome.

The other factor to take into consideration is how worried the doctors
seemed, and what they said. If they said it's low but not something we
should worry about, then I wouldn't worry. If they said it's low, and we'd
like to watch it, come back in a month, then I wouldn't worry so much. If
they said it's low and we want to see you next week, and it could mean "blah
blah blah (insert some horrible diagnosis here), then I'd be worried.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"per_sonal via FamilyKB.com" u31231@uwe wrote in message
We have just had our 20 week scan and have been told the babys Biparietal
Diameter is below the normal scale at 39mm with head circumference at
158mm
and abdominal circumference at137mm (all just in scale) We have to go back
for another scan to keep an eye on the growth.

Does anyone know if this is ok? Will brain size be normal and will the
baby
be ok and normal when born?

We are sooo worried and don;t know what the negatives could be and are
trying
to remain positive.
Can someone help us?

Many thanks...