Old December 5th 03, 01:51 AM
Doan

Default | | Most hostile member this NG? Most insults, emot.abuse

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, LaVonne Carlson wrote:

Ignoramus24587 wrote:

In article , Kane wrote:
They are all gallant crusaders against the evil forces of CPS and no
parent does anything evil to their child....well, CPS lets those go,
and picks on the innocent.

I do not like CPS much, not having had to deal with them but having
read a bit. It seems like a too blunt instrument for the task. Plus
false accusations, ex spouses, etc etc.

CPS is not perfect. No organization is. CPS is habitually underfunded and
employees grossly overworked. This contributes to judgment errors. Also,
the quality of CPS workers also varies from state to state, for states have
control over setting standards for CPS workers, and for determining salary.

They are also immuned from any criminal prosecution. They are not
underfunded - no politician would dare to cut their funds. The question
is where do the money go. There should be some accountability.

But, when I hear about children taken away from violent child beating
freaks, I am sorry for the children (who may not see much improved
conditions), but I am not sorry for the violent freaks and their
sufferings and anguish.

Many individuals have a false perception of CPS because false accusations
which result in unwarranted actions and placements which result in continued
abuse of children make good media. These situations are tragic, but they
are also an extremely small percentage of the cases. The vast majority of
children are removed for good reason and receive excellent foster
placements. In my state, the most tragic stories involve children that were
not removed because CPS was hesitant to break up the family unit, or
children who were placed with other dysfunctional family members. CPS
prefers to place children with extended family, but there are times when the
family dysfunction extends to other family members and children suffer the
consequences.

Back up it with facts, LaVonne. You said you have read the studies, did
you not?

Doan

LaVonne