Old April 14th 04, 10:07 PM
Pat

Default Mich CS Question

Hi!
My dh and I have a friend who is in the beginning stages of a divorce. His
wife works for a very large atty firm and he has moved out of their home and
rents his own place. He asked me to post a couple of questions here .

1. In regards to CS. Wife makes $60,000, he makes approximately $50,000.
They have 4 children. He has been paying $2,000 per month for CS, which is
what the wife said CS will be. Is this true?

2. Will the FOC take into consideration that he has paid this amt of money
for 3-4 months already or will they consider what he's paid, gifts?

3. Neither one has filed but my dh and I are afraid that he is going to get
reamed! Is there any benefit to him filing instead of his wife?

4. He receives an inheritance which was established long before they were
married. Is the wife entitled to any of it??

TIA for your answers!!!
Pat