Old May 19th 04, 07:33 AM
Joybelle

Default Pain

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
news
Joybelle wrote:

Ditto here, too. I've had cavities near a nerve filled with nothing,

broke
my big toe, pulled some ligaments in my foot, and they didn't match the
intensity of childbirth for me.

I've had three babies, the last two at home. If I do have a fourth I

would
like to have it at home, but the last two times haven't been easy. I'm
actually quite scared to face childbirth again. The pushing phase

was
what put me over the top. It is so interesting to read all these

different
stories and ideas of what is "easy" and what was "hard". Amazing to me

how
different everyone is.

No kidding. I'd rather go through childbirth than
have dental work done, even with anesthesia (for the dental
work, not the childbirth ;-) I'd rather go through childbirth
than have the flu. Childbirth isn't easy or painless by
any stretch, but there are worse things (like being pregnant
for "nine" months ;-) I didn't find pushing easy or painless,
but I found it easier to deal with than the first stage of
labor. At least there was something to *do* about it (which
I apparently did fairly well, since it went pretty quickly
all three times ;-)

Ahhhhhh, so different!! I found pushing insanely painful and difficult. I
thought, I hoped pushing would be easier than dealing with the first stage
of labor! I had transition-like contractions for hours. During pushing,
though, I almost felt delirious with the desire to escape my body. I don't
think I was unprepared either or had completely unrealistic expectations.
It's been something I've had a very difficult time dealing with actually. I
was quite sad after my last delivery wondering what I did wrong, why it was
so painful again. I really would like to have one more baby, but I do find
the idea of facing labor/delivery again quite daunting. I actually feel a
little panic at the thought, and it really saddens me. My last baby took
about 30 minutes to push. Not very long to many, but it was the most
agonizing sensation I have yet to experience, and I just don't understand
why nor do I ever want to experience it again. I hear so many women say how
childbirth has a purpose, and it doesn't hurt as bad as stubbing your toe,
etc. and I believe them. I hate sharing my story because I feel like I'm
sharing one of those horror stories that people hate to hear.

--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01