Old August 9th 04, 09:26 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Default September due dates 09/04

Kaybee wrote:

you get the weekly internal exams to check on your progress that you may or
may not have.

But try to remember that one day you could be at 2cm the next time it goes
down to 1. my doctor told me that it all depends on the size of the hands
that check you. also it is possible for your cervix to retract. Rare but
possible.

Doing routine vaginal exams at the end of pregnancy
is completely and utterly useless. There is no clinical
value and it increases the risk of infection or accidental
rupture of membranes. So, if it hurts, why the heck allow it?
I never had any internal exams before labor in my first two
pregnancies, and by George, I still went into labor? ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka