Old July 14th 03, 08:07 PM
H Schinske

Default Teething when??

wrote:

Someone on this ng mentioned their dd is teething at 4 and half
months. That gets me wondering... When do babies teethe? I thought
around 6 months. Does it wary a lot? Mine is 4 months old.

It does vary a whole lot. There are babies who are *born* with teeth, and some
who have none until they are after a year. I forget the average but I think it
is around six to eight months. I know one of my twins had her first tooth pop
up on the day she turned six months. She was chewing on a teaspoon and I heard
this little clink.

I was always very bad at figuring out which fussy periods meant teeth and which
were completely unrelated. I would do things like trying ibuprofen and if it
didn't help, I figured it wasn't the teeth. But if I kept that up, I'd have
been giving medicine practically every day! There are kids who aren't bothered
by teething at all, and those who are and give very clear signals when it's
teeth and not something else, and those like mine who are impossible to figure
out. Lot of help, huh?

--Helen