Old April 12th 05, 02:01 AM
Bruce Bridgman and Jeanne Yang

"Scott" wrote in message

My wife and I have an 8-year-old son, and a 5-year-old daughter. My
wife would like a third. There are times when my wife accepts not
having a third, but she'll frequently find herself wanting another.
She is worried she'll regret not having another one, and the ones we
have are growing some quickly.

As much as I try, I can not come to terms with having a third. I try,
but for a variety of reasons, I don't want another one, but I worry
about my wife.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you and take care.

ST

The only thing I can suggest is marriage counseling. This is the kind of
issue I found that having a facilitator great for, well, facilitating the
discussion. I guess if I were you, I would like to know why she "accepts"
not having a third (so, she sort of agrees with you) but she worries that
she'll "regret" not having a third (she doesn't agree with her). And if I
were her, I would like to know what your worries are concerning having a
third child. Talking these things out (with a third party) may clarify what
to do.

Good luck,
Jeanne