Old May 28th 04, 08:10 PM
Nikki

Default Question about stitches

Jill wrote:
I have quite a few stitches (vaginally), they are the kind that
dissolve...I have never had this kind before. It's been 3 weeks and
they are still there (of course)....I am just wondering, how long do
they remain before they do dissolve?

I don't really know, I never checked. I think I stopped feeling anything
like stitches around 4 weeks.

I am so afraid they are going to
itch as it heals more.

Probably :-) Do you take baths? Those are nice.

There is not ONE chance I'd not follow the "6 week rule",
because...ouch! In fact I am wondering if it will not still be sore
at the 6 week mark because that's just in 3 more weeks.

I wasn't ready at 6 weeks. Do what feels good and stop if it hurts. Do
yourself a favor and buy stock in Astroglide...and use it liberally ;-)

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (5) and Luke (3)