Old November 30th 03, 06:04 AM
cara

Default 3 year old with nap problem

MCranEY05 wrote:

I'd say grin and bear it through his grumpy overtired time and make his
bedtime more like 7 or 7:30pm.

Hi Cara

You know, we tried this with Samantha, and it didn't work;( She would go to
bed at 7pm, sleep for 6hrs, and wake up at 3am.. WIDE awake. We also tried to
get her nap no later than 2pm. If she got up before 4pm, she would *sometimes*
fall asleep at 10pm. She seems "wired" every night at about 8pm. I was just
fighting with my husband about this. I need some time to relax my mind before I
go to bed. Because she has such bad sleeping habits, I end up being up till 3am
just to get some "me" time. It is really affecting my personality.

I am hoping she outgrows this... its hard on the rest of us.

Jolinda

That's rough - sleep habits of kids under 5 have me baffled! Even though mine
won't nap, at least she'll go down relatively early and stay down until morning.
She gets up in the night but we have a small mat next to our bed that she lays in
at some point during the night, but rarely wakes us. Its amazing how little sleep
these busy bodies can handle! I'm like you, though, I really do need some 'down'
time in the evening.

cara