Old December 24th 05, 05:59 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Birth Control

"Circe" ) writes:
Really, what I'm having trouble with isn't her position, it's her attitude.
There's a "I did this being pregnant, having babies, taking birth control I
don't like for YOU and now you have to do THIS for ME" thing in there that
I find troubling. First of all, it implies that she didn't want to have
babies and is doing it purely for her husband's benefit, which is surely not
true (but if it isn't, there's another problem here!). Second, it implies
that she's taking contraceptive for HIS benefit, too (i.e., SHE gets no
benefit from not getting pregnant when she doesn't want to). I just think
starting from this position, which is both dogmatic and hostile. when
discussing something your spouse is uncomfortable with from the get-go is a
good way to go right up his nose and solidify his rejection of the whole
idea.

I don't think those things are necessarily implied.

If I'm playing a card game and I say, "Well, you dealt the
cards last hand, so now it's my turn to deal the cards,"
that doesn't imply that I'm not enjoying the game or that
I didn't want to play in the first place.