Old March 27th 06, 07:15 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default good morning

I don't know about godforsaken, but short of that your post is pretty
accurate. I think that is one of the travesties of hospital birth
scheduling. Since doctors and hospital staff like to work weekdays,
they do everything they can to avoid scheduling births on nights and
weekends. Since babies like to come when babies like to come (or
looking at it another way, mammas like to birth when mammas like to
birth, this leads to a lot of unwarranted interventions when hospitals
try to force birhting into their schedules. I personally think that
mammas bodies are better suited to birthing at night.

Larry

Anonymama writes:
: I have the impression that babies like to be born in the godforsaken
: early hours -- my first was born at four o'clock in the morning (after
: I'd been in labor for one night, one day, and another night). Is that
: really how things are, or am I mistaken? And if so, why is it that
: serious labor so often happens overnight?

: Given a choice I'd rather get a good night's sleep, labor during the
: day, and have the kid in the evening...
: --
: Sara
: accompanied by TK, due in April

: Quoting, for users of Google Groups: