Old October 5th 06, 07:59 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

Default Similac - difference between powder and liquid?

The ready, liquid formulas are usually darker (look like a light
capuccino or late) compared to the poweder ones (milky white). I had to
give my baby both breast milk and formula and my suggestion is: If your
baby is 8months old and teething, the best avenue to pursue is powder
formula with bioled milk. Liquid formula is basically similar to the
powder formula and is very convenient (though expensive) but lacks one
important element - flouride. It is recommended that you give your baby
fluoride from tap water or other supplments, preferrably starting
before 6 months, because the fluoride in the tap water is very
important for healthy teeth, preventing cavities etc.I gave my baby
liquid, bottled formula at first and switched to powder with boiled tap
water a little after 4months upon recommedation of my doctor and
insights I got from my own research. In many places, like northern
California, municipal water has good amount of flouride in it.

On Oct 4, 9:46 am, "M" wrote:
Switching to formula (recent).

1. Similac Advance Infant Formula with Iron (powder, sample 8oz can)
2. Similac Advance Infant Formula with Iron (liquid, sample 2 fl oz,
for institutional use, provided to me by the hospital)

#2 looks darker and smells better (to me).
My 8 month old likes #2 but hates #1.

Ross Pediatrics (or someone else who knows), what is the difference
between the two?