Old May 30th 04, 04:46 AM
Circe

Default Solids, 2 Months and Eating Cereal?

H Schinske wrote:
wrote:
My birthday is next Sunday. I can hardly believe it's the big 4-0!

I'm actually slightly older than you. I was fine with turning 40. I
just looked in the mirror, said, "Okay, this is what a 40-year-old
looks like," and that was that. No biggie :-)

Oh, I'm fine with it, too. (35 was harder because I was pregnant and had to
hear the words "advanced maternal age" all the time, all the while thinking
"I don't *feel* 'advanced' g!). It's just that I can quite believe it. It
seems like yesterday I was 16yo and it seemed like the year 2000 when I'd be
36yo was a *million* years away and now, bang, here it is 2004! It just
seems funny that what seemed like such a long time to me when I was 16 now
seems like not very long at all (and probaby also explains why I don't feel
remotely old or over the hill yet, either).
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 4), and the Rising Son (Julian, 6)

Aurora (in the bathroom with her dad)--"It looks like an elephant, Daddy."
Me (later)--"You should feel flattered."