Old May 31st 04, 03:17 AM
Leslie

Default Solids, 2 Months and Eating Cereal?

Naomi said:

Shaina was bf for 14 months, and got no solids until 5 months. She
has
moderate asthma. (Though it seems to be getting a lot better now! knock
wood.)
I would suspect that it would have been a lot worse if I hadn't bf'd, or had
started solids early, but we still did't avoid the problem completely.

My husband's asthma is severe, and was more so in his childhood. He had every
possible risk factor I've ever heard of, except genetic: Formula fed, early
solids, smoking in the home, c-section delivery, living in a highly polluted
industrial area . . .

Given that heredity, I wanted to do everything I could to avoid triggering
possible asthma and allergies in my kids. I'm sure that with a strong enough
family history, kids may end up with allergies regardless--but doing everything
we know we can may ameliorate their conditions.

Leslie