Old June 9th 04, 05:29 AM
Jenrose

Default bored?

"Leanne" wrote in message
Caden has got into a habbit of not wanting to be put down and since he
doesnt sleep during the day he gets cranky if you do... its almost like he
is bored.

Could this be the case? if so would a swing help? he has a play gym but it
only seems to keep him quiet for a few minutes.

With my foster baby, I never really tried to put him down. Just tucked him
in the sling and went on about my day. Eventually he got bored with being
"up" and started asking to be down. I find that if you "baby" a baby as much
as possible, they start begging to be independant. Since obviously I can't
stop my life to stare at a bored baby all day, I figure that a sling will
keep them close, secure and give them an ever-changing environment as I move
through my life. My foster baby slept in 20 minute naps on my body through
the day, but then slept pretty much straight through, with only brief food
wakings once or twice a night by the time he was 3 months.

Of course, with bf, dd was even easier--I stopped noticing her night waking
pattern at 2 months. I sat more with her, but that was because I didn't have
a good sling.

Jenrose