Old May 15th 04, 10:48 PM
Coccinella

Default Motherhood and me

"Jill" wrote in message
om...

Also- I already am so glad I got a Boppy pillow, Rachel loves to be

propped
up in it. The Graco PacknPlay is in our bedroom and is VERY VERY useful.

We
use the bassinet when she is not in bed with us and the changing pad is so
convenient and it has a tray that holds supplies. I would not do without
this item! Rachel isn't yet too thrilled with the Baby Papasan but she

does
like the Ocean Wonders bouncer sometimes. She's really just too tiny and
wants to be held.

The Boppy is the best thing ever. I am not nursing but it is so handy for
bottle feeding, too. DH loves it. He uses it more than I do. I can position
Alexandra so well in it that sometimes we both fall asleep on the couch and
at the back of my mind I know that I am not going to drop her (since it
usually happens at 3 am!).

I can't believe how calm I feel, and how not-nervous I am. My mom is

coming
over next week a lot to help me when my DH goes back to work. We are

getting
along, it's so odd it's scary! She has done a couple of typical things,

but
I see her differently now. It's easier to overlook, and just see that she
loves the baby so much and is so tickled to be a grandmother. I do realize
that she has been through a lot with her side of the family, and I see the
joy when she is around Rachel.

I am so happy to hear that you are getting along with your mom. I really
believe that being a mother is the most exciting, emotional and overwhelming
but also the most satisfying and rewarding experience of your life. And it
only gets better every day!

Cannot wait to see some pics of Rachel.

Love

--