Old March 1st 05, 04:35 PM
dragonlady

In article ,
"toypup" wrote:

Am I Mrs. Mylastname? I'd feel funny being Miss Myfirstname. I even feel
funny being Mrs. Mylastname. It's so formal. I like being Myfirstname, but
that's too informal, if I have to call the teacher Miss Herfirstname, which
I figure I have to, since she introduced herself that way. What is the best
way to introduce myself to a teacher who introduces herself as Miss
Herfirstname? This happens so much, I never know what to do. I just say my
whole name, but I'd rather figure out what I'm most comfy with, so I'd like
to know what other people are most comfy with first.

I generally introduce myself with my full name (no title) and invite
folks to call me by my first name.

If the situation seems more formal, I invite them to call me "Ms.
Lastname".

Some of the parents at church invite their children to call me "Miss
Firstname" (especially if they are from some parts of the south) and I'm
getting used to it, but would not invite it from an adult.