Old March 1st 05, 04:37 PM
Stephanie Stowe

"toypup" wrote in message
m...
Am I Mrs. Mylastname? I'd feel funny being Miss Myfirstname. I even feel
funny being Mrs. Mylastname. It's so formal. I like being Myfirstname,
but that's too informal, if I have to call the teacher Miss Herfirstname,
which I figure I have to, since she introduced herself that way. What is
the best way to introduce myself to a teacher who introduces herself as
Miss Herfirstname? This happens so much, I never know what to do. I just
say my whole name, but I'd rather figure out what I'm most comfy with, so
I'd like to know what other people are most comfy with first.

IMO, she introduced herself as Miss Herfirstname, so that is what you call
her. You introduce yourself as YourFirstName, and that is what she calls
you. I would think it a little dopey for me to call someone Miss or Mrs
while they call me Stephanie. But I don't know who Mrs. Stowe is, but it
sure is not me.... So either the teacher just introduced herself so you know
which of your childn's teachers she is, and will say Oh call me Kate (or
whatever) or you are stuck calling her Miss Whatever.

One caviat. If calling her Miss Whatever while you go with your first name
is going to cause you to feel you are speaking with an Authority Figure
rather than a professional peer, then you might want to adopt Mrs Lastname.
You do not want to set a tone of poor beggar at the doorstep of the
Authority.