Old February 17th 06, 10:43 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default rubber balls

Anonymama wrote:
OK, here's an odd question. I've noticed many pregnant women own those
big rubber balls -- the kind I used to do sit-ups at the gym. Are there
exercises one can do with them while pregnant? All the exercises I used
them for wouldn't work now that I have the abdominal strength of a rag
doll. If they're not for "core strength," what the heck are they for?

They are good for fetal positioning.

http://www.spinningbabies.com/pregnancy.html

People also do use them during labor, but sitting on it was not
a good position for me. Putting it up on the bed and leaning on
it worked well, though!

Mary W.