Old July 11th 03, 01:25 AM
Christopher Vitek

Default 5 week old

My wife and I just had our first child, who is now 5 weeks old. She seems
to be extremely fussy during the day - she will cry unless she is being
cuddled and walked, and she will usually fall asleep after about 20 to 30
minutes of walking, but then she only sleeps for about 1/2 hour, before she
wakes up screaming again. She feeds roughly every 1.5 to 2 hours. At
night, there is little problem - she sleeps for up to 3 or 4 hours at a
time, and usually falls asleep within 20 minutes after a feeding at night.

We have consulted a number of books, and determined the fussiness could be
due to a number of things
1) Forceful let down from breastfeeding (and more upset stomachs, more gas,
etc)
2) Side effects of the prozac my wife is taking
3) Just a fussy baby

Any suggestions for trying toget some peace and quiet during the day?

Chris