Old March 31st 04, 05:13 PM
Melissa

Default Weaning help needed (follow-up)

Thanks to everyone who posted. DD took a few ounces last night from the
bottle and showed no interest in nursing at all. She was squished up against
her favorite boob, yet reached for the bottle.

She almost slept through the night (until 5 a.m. instead of 6 a.m.) so we
gave her a bottle this morning. Again, I put her in the usual nursing
position and she was only interested in the bottle. However she took six oz.
so I guess we're weaning. I'm pretty much ready, but had expected it (a) to
go at my pace not hers and (b) to last a bit longer. I guess I had visions
of nursing her before bed through the summer as I (I hope) grew increasingly
pregnant (we're not TTCing yet, but soon). Oh well, she's always been on a
different schedule than others so I guess this is the right time for her.
Fortunately, left seems nearly dry anyway (hasn't been used since Saturday
and no engorgement or pain) and even right doesn't seem to mind too much
(last used a tiny bit yesterday at 4 a.m. and no pain yet).

I'll hang out here for a while longer, but I wanted to thank everyone here
for supporting me through the difficult early few weeks and through the
year. I gave it my best shot and she only had formula four times in the year
(she's on cows milk now per her doctor). I figure I gave her a really good
start and now we'll move on to the next step in our relationship.

--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03