Old July 12th 03, 01:47 AM
Corinne

Default "Time Wasting Rules" - from Real Simple Magazine - NOT GOOD!

If you go in through AOL, you don't need to sign up.

Corinne

--
"Since AP parents are accused of "spoiling" their children with
responsiveness, love, understanding, patience, positive interaction,

"badgirl" wrote in message
et...

"Corinne" wrote in message
I was alerted to this article on an email group I'm part of....I was

AMAZED
and greatly disappointed to read the following:

"The August 2003 issue of Real Simple magazine, currently on

newstands,
contains an article titled "20 Time Wasting Rules to Break Now."
(page 136)

What's one of the rules to break? Breastfeeding. The article states
that with bottle-feeding, "you know exactly how much food the baby

is
eating, and Mom may be less tired because Dad has no excuse to sleep
through 3 a.m. feedings." They go on to quote Boris Petrikovsky,
chairman of the department of obstetrics-gynecology at Nassau
University Medical Center, in East Meadow, New York, as saying, "The
biggest downside of not breast-feeding is that the mother misses out
on some of the bonding."

You can check the article out yourself by visiting
http://www.RealSimple.com - use access code easyfood to view the

current

It's telling me I need to sign up to read it.