Old November 29th 08, 05:00 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.politics.economics
Chris

Default SSI ?

"Dusty" wrote in message
Coffee's For Closers wrote:
In article ,
says...

"Phil" wrote in

Taxing those who chose to remain childless to pay for things like
daycare for those who chose to breed is unfair. Only those who chose to
bring children into the world should be paying the costs of children.

Breeding future tax payers is what the country needs, else you have to
bring in bodies to replenish the population from 3rd world countries and
we know that's not a good idea. Who is going to pay taxes, clean your
clothes and clean your **** when you're too old to take care of
yourself?

Yeah-But... There is the issue of multi-generational welfare dependence.

When my hard-earned tax dollars are extorted on behalf of a welfare
mother, who is paid more for more kids... That does NOT necessarily mean
more future workers to care for me in my old age. It may just mean more
welfare recipients, bleeding me for more taxes to support them and their
children.

Personally, I don't plan to ever "retire" in the sense of becoming
dependent upon the gubmint for a handout. I would jump off of a bridge
before I would allow myself to be parked in front of a TeeVee by some
thug in a rest home, to vegetate.

By refusing to become a parasite, I am forever subject to being drafted
as a host. Paying and paying and paying to deadbeat breeders. Even
though I don't even have any children at all.

I don't have any "skin in the game" on the child support issue. But, I
was raised by a woman who viewed her kids (me and my siblings) as her
personal meal-ticket. I didn't respect a deadbeat then, and I don't
respect a deadbeat now, either.

How about this instead.. If you apply for welfare, of any kind, at any
time in your life, you only get to collect for a maximum of five (5)
years. After that, you can't ever collect again. Ever.

That's how they do it in Germany. You can collect for a while, find a
job, stop collecting. If you've stopped before reaching the maximum five
years, and something should happen later in life and you need a hand up,
then you can continue to collect your five years of welfare from the point
that you last left off until such time as it's all used up. Or not.

Point is, once you've used it up, that's it, no more freebies.

No problem so long as those who have not used such amount can opt for THEIR
fair share in a lump sum after a predetermined period of time; just as
employers do with sick leave/vacation pay. Or better yet, how about just
giving EVERYONE a lump sum, then they can manage it however they like.
Thus the taxpayers will be saddled with significantly reduced administration
costs because it's always cheaper to make a single payment as opposed to
monthly payments. Actually, why bother with such an arrangement at all? If
there was no government involvement, the people could manage their finances
on their own thus eliminating ALL administration costs. Gee, what a novel
concept.